Accessibility Statement for East Bridgford Parish Council
This website is run by East Bridgford Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use the website. For example, that means you should be able to:
• Zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen (except small mobile devices)
• Navigate most of the website using a keyboard
• Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
• Listen to most of the website using a screen reader (Jaws, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We've also made the website text as simple of as possible to understand.
AbilityNet (https://mcmw.abilitynet.org.uk) has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is:
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
• You cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
• You cannot modify the colour scheme without a browser extension
• Most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
• There's a limit to how far you can magnify the map on our 'maps and directions' page.
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website:
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Call: to be confirmed
We'll consider your requirements and reply to you within 21 days.
If you cannot view the map on our 'maps and directions' page, call or email us for directions.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website:
We're always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page and think we're not meeting accessibility requirements, contact us using the details above.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications (No.2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the 'accessibility regulations'). If you're not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS) (https://www.equalityadvisoryservice.com).
Technical Information about this website's accessibility
PDFs and other documents
We may have some scanned PDF documents on our website, eg our Annual Governance and Accountability Returns (AGARs). Scanned PDF documents do not comply with the accessibility regulations but these documents can be provided in an alternative format or on alternative media on request.
This statement was prepared on 23rd September 2020.
The website was last tested on 23rd September 2020. The test was carried out by the Parish Council using the methodology described in 'Website Accessibility Regulations' produced by the National Association of Local Councils. We used the Microsoft Accessibility Insights for Web tool recommended in the publication.
23rd September 2020